This is the web site for Chris Holm, 6th grade math & science teacher at Roosevelt School.
- The main page has the homework assignments and newsletters, and the download page has papers and forms for some of our assignments.
- I usually post homework assignments on this blog, but it’s best to consider it a backup, because sometimes I get busy and forget to do it. I post all homework assignments on the white board in the classroom every day, and I expect students to copy the information down into their planner.
A Brief Biography
I graduated with honors from California State University East Bay with a BA degree in Music and a minor in Chemistry. I taught for one year in a private school, and five years in the Brisbane School District as a classroom Music and Computer Specialist. For both subjects I developed and taught the district’s curriculum in grades K-8.
After leaving the Brisbane School District, I worked for twelve years in the software industry at Adobe Systems, where I learned much about marketing, talking with engineers, quality assurance, technical assistance, typography, and a dozen other things. I next spent time in the financial services area as a registered and licensed Commodity Trading Advisor.
In 2006 I returned to the teaching profession, joining the Redwood City School District at Adelante School, and now at Roosevelt School. I’m excited about Roosevelt’s focus of Project Based Learning.
People who know me say that I’m a funny, warm person, but sometimes hard to get to know at first because I’m reserved. I’m also described as caring, practical, demanding, excellent, facetious, sentimental, and playful.
For fun I like to hike, go on trips, make photographs, sing in the choir, work on the computer, garden, learn new things, and read. Astronomy, wildflowers, Yosemite, financial trends, theology, the human brain, Star Trek, and Harry Potter all interest me.
I bring my considerable experience outside of school into the classroom and teach in a real-life, real-world fashion. I desire the best effort from students in order for them to succeed to their full potential.
(use symbols for the ‘at’ and ‘dot’ below)
- Email me at school: cholm at rcsdk8 dot net
- Email me at home: chris at maestrochris dot com
- Phone me at home until 10 PM